- This event has passed.
Gastroenterology & Hepatology Board Review 2022
September 8, 2022 - September 11, 2022
Chicago, IL – Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel. The Mayo Clinic Gastroenterology and Hepatology Board Review is a high-yield program designed to prepare candidates for the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) initial and maintenance of certification examinations in gastroenterology and hepatology. Case-based content delivered by Mayo Clinic faculty provides learners with the most time-efficient, comprehensive review to assist in successful preparation for the board exam. In addition, attendees receive up-to-date, practical information that can be applied immediately into daily clinical practice. This course offers Live (inperson) and Livestream attendance options.
- Mayo Clinic faculty share more than 20 years of experience preparing learners for the board exam
- Recommended by nearly 100 percent of attendees
- Earn more than 30 ABIM MOC points with your CME credit • Interactive format with dedicated Q&A sessions
This course is designed for GI fellows and individuals preparing for GI board exams and recertifications. Others that may find this course beneficial include, gastroenterologists needing MOC, GI nurse assistants, NPs, PAs, research personnel, GI assistants, and internists with interest in GI. Learning Objectives
- Identify common liver diseases including viral hepatitis, autoimmune and inherited.
- Review the management of complications of cirrhosis.
- Identify common esophageal disorders and correctly interpret esophageal testing including manometry and impedance pH testing.
- Review gastric acid physiology and common diseases of the stomach and duodenum.
- Review micronutrient deficiencies and their manifestations.
- Review common malabsorptive disorders.
- Review diseases of the pancreas and biliary tree including acute and chronic pancreatitis, gallstones, and pancreatic cystic lesions.
- Review colonic disorders including constipation,inflammatory bowel disease and hereditary
- Examine the management of gastrointestinal and hepatobiliary malignancies including cancers of the esophagus, stomach, colon, liver, bile duct and pancreas.
- Examine relevant areas of pathology, endoscopy, radiology, and nutrition.