- This event has passed.
Duke Transplant Advanced Practice Provider Bootcamp and Solid Organ Transplant Summit
October 18 - October 19
Advanced Practice Provider Bootcamp – October 18 (at the Duke University Hospital North Pavilion, 2003 Lecture Hall)
Solid Organ Transplant Summit – October 19
This summit is a partnership between the Duke Department of Surgery and the Duke Department of Medicine to facilitate the multidisciplinary adoption of new research results and practice guidelines by regional healthcare providers who care for solid organ transplant patients.
On the agenda:
- Frailty and Prehabilitation before Solid Organ Transplant
- Utilization of Hepatitis C for Solid Organ Transplant
- Understanding of Donor-Specific Antibody
- Reimagining Bacteriophages to Treat Multi-Drug Resistant Infections
- Role of Bariatric Surgery in Solid Organ Transplant
- Use of Hepatitis B Core Antibody Livers And Hepatitis B Surface Antigen Positive Livers – Extending Patient Options
- Pregnancy Following Liver Transplantation – What Can We Expect and How Can We Prepare?
- Update on Donation After Circulatory Death – Help for the Low MELD Waitlist Candidate
- Living Donor Liver Transplantation: Who? When? Why?
- Immunologic Preconditioning for Tolerance: Preparing Patients for Transplant
- Learning in the Digital Age: Implications for Transplant Patient Education
- Medication Considerations in 2019 for the Practicing Nephrologist
- APOL1 in Kidney Transplant
- Utilization of perfusion devices in thoracic transplantation
- Organ Allocation Review
- Management of highly sensitized patient in lung transplant
Format: Didactic sessions, presentation of current research, debate and discussion of interesting case studies, Q&A session and given take home decision support tools.
5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
5 ANCC ANCC contact hours
5 ACPE credits