- This event has passed.
6th Advanced Practice Provider, Nursing and Primary Care Liver Conference
May 21, 2022
Eilan Hotel and Spa, Ascend Resort Collection, San Antonoi, TX – Jointly provided by The UT Health Center San Antonio School of Medicine, the UT Health Center San Antonio School of Nursing, and The Texas Liver Institute, this conference will focus on highlighting new standards in diagnosis and clinical management of liver diseases for the non-liver specialist.
- Identify signs and symptoms of fatty liver disease and know when patients should be referred to liver disease specialists for further follow up
- Recall lab tests relating to viral hepatitis (B, C and D) and understand which lab results signal need for treatment
- Recall critical screenings necessary in patients with cirrhosis to recognize the complications related to portal hypertension
- Recognize that patients with liver cancer need a multi-disciplinary team approach to optimize their long-term prognosis and that liver transplant options may exist Agenda
- Liver cell death and regeneration: Understanding the mystery of the liver
- Fatty liver: When is it benign and who needs to be concerned?
- Truths and myths surrounding drug induced liver injury: Prescription, OTC and holistic therapies
- My patient has cirrhosis: 7 things I need to remember
- Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) case study: What you don’t know can hurt your patient: Epidemiology, diagnosis and medical management options; Surgery is often the best therapy; Sometimes two surgeries are better than one
For additional information and registration, visit:
View the conference brochure here: